Pearl Bloodstock's unbeaten Karpino overwhelmed nine overmatched rivals May 25 at Cologne in capturing the Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen (Ger-II, German Two Thousand Guineas) and stamped his ticket to the German Derby (Ger-I).
Favored Sanagas joined the ranks of grade I winners with a dominating triumph for trainer Graham Motion in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup at Hollywood Park Nov. 19.
Andreas Jacobs' German-bred Sanagas took over at the top of the lane and held off Tahoe Lake to win the $100,000 Sycamore Stakes Oct. 20 at rainy Keeneland.
German-bred filly La Luna de Miel, making just her second start in the United States, collared Giants Play at the sixteenth pole and held on to win the $150,000 Orchid Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Gulfstream Park grass March 20.
Sabiango was a runaway winner of Sunday's WestLB-Deutschland-Preis (Ger-I) at Dusseldorf.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music