Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Slip Away is named 2010 champion Steeplechaser based on his 25-plus length score in the Colonial Cup Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I).
Cush, a multiple stakes-placed runner from the female family of successful first-crop stallion First Samurai, will enter stud in 2011 at Michele Rodriguez and Lee Daniel Thomas' Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Stewart Madison's Happy Ticket, who started her career with nine straight wins and later was a grade I winner at Saratoga, died May 3.
Fair Grounds Race Course used the spotlight on Louisiana-breds on Louisiana Champions Day to honor the recently retired Happy Ticket, who became the highest earning state-bred in history last month.
Stewart Madison's homebred Happy Ticket put in her final major preparation for the $2 million Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I) as she worked five furlongs in 1:03 4/5 on Saturday morning at Churchill Downs.
Happy Ticket, on the short end of narrow decisions in her past two starts, finally won a close one Saturday when she nipped front-running Oonagh Maccool in a stirring finish to capture the $321,900 Fleur de Lis Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Churchill Downs.
Grade I winner Happy Ticket lived up to her billing as she defeated seven overmatched rivals in the $100,000 Louisiana Premiere Night Distaff, one of six stakes events worth $570,000 on Louisiana Premiere Night at Evangeline Downs.
Stewart Madison's undefeated Happy Ticket turned back a talented group of fillies and mares, including defending champion and grade I stakes winner My Trusty Cat, with a 3 ½-length victory in the $175,000 Chicago Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel