Sanford Goldfarb and Stewart Hoffman's Well Fancied recorded his sixth win in his last eight starts Saturday, stalking stubborn pacesetter Don Six from just off the pace, finally getting to the lead to win the $112,200 Toboggan Handicap (gr. III) by two lengths at Aqueduct.
Sanford Goldfarb's and Stewart Hoffman's Well Fancied, the post-time favorite of the New York Showcase Day crowd of 10,214, held off the stubborn 7-year-old Gander to win Saturday's $250,000 Empire Classic for New York breds at 1 1/8 mile.
Sanford Goldfarb and Stewart Hoffman's Well Fancied became the first back-to-back winner of the General Douglas MacArtur Handicap, powering to a 5 ½-length victory Friday afternoon in the seven-furlong race for New York breds that opens the 38-day Belmont Park Fall Championship Meet.
Edgar Prado sat chilly aboard Well Fancied for the first two-thirds of the $113,100 Evan Shipman, then pulled away from the field in the homestretch to win the 1 1/16-mile New York-bred stakes race in 1:40 4/5 on closing day Sunday at Belmont Park.
Well Fancied sprang a 7-1 upset in the $75,000 General Douglas MacArthur Handicap on opening day of the Belmont fall meeting Friday, beating a field that included the state's all-time leading money earner, 4-5 favorite Say Florida Sandy.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales