Favored at 6-5 for his first start since Nov. 29, Waterford Stable's Summer Front ran down pacesetter Tetradrachm in the final sixteenth to win the $200,000 Fort Lauderdale Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Agent Steven W. Young went to $235,000 to acquire a Speightstown colt to top the early portion of the October 21 session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
Fasig-Tipton's Florida Sale at Palm Meadows Training Center in Boynton Beach, Fla., featured plenty of highlights throughout the one-day auction including double-digit gains in average and median.
Fueled by three horses that sold for more than $200,000 apiece, the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale kept churning out impressive results during its second session after getting off to a fast start on its opening day.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale has a new price leader. An Arch filly brought $260,000 at about 2:30 p.m. EDT during the auction's second session Oct. 25 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies