Favored at 6-5 for his first start since Nov. 29, Waterford Stable's Summer Front ran down pacesetter Tetradrachm in the final sixteenth to win the $200,000 Fort Lauderdale Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 11 at Gulfstream Park.
Agent Steven W. Young went to $235,000 to acquire a Speightstown colt to top the early portion of the October 21 session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale.
Fasig-Tipton's Florida Sale at Palm Meadows Training Center in Boynton Beach, Fla., featured plenty of highlights throughout the one-day auction including double-digit gains in average and median.
Fueled by three horses that sold for more than $200,000 apiece, the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale kept churning out impressive results during its second session after getting off to a fast start on its opening day.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale has a new price leader. An Arch filly brought $260,000 at about 2:30 p.m. EDT during the auction's second session Oct. 25 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis
- Measuring Horses' Skin Temperature Changes Underwater
- Belle Gallantey Looks for More in Ladies 'Cap
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes