Alto Racing LLC announced Aug. 7 that Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) winner Materiality has been retired as a result of a soft tissue injury he sustained while training.
A colt by Elusive Quality brought a sale record of $350,000 to top the final session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2012 June Sale of Two-Year-Olds and Horses of Racing Age June 20 in Ocala, Fla.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training ended its two-day run May 19 in Timonium, Md., with downturns of 11.6% in average price and 10.7% in median price that weren't nearly as severe as the setbacks experienced by many other juvenile auctions this year. In addition, the buy-back rate declined significantly, from 34.1% in 2008 to 23.1%.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill