Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s record-setting juvenile sales season continued at the opening session of the June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age June 16 in Ocala, Fla.
Auction aims to attract top-end buyers as well as a strong middle-market buying base.
Six juveniles worked a furlong in under 10 seconds, each going :9 4/5. The final under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales March sale begins 8 a.m. March 13.
A son of Giant's Causeway who breezed a furlong in :09 4/5 topped the Barretts March 2-year-old sale at $1,150,000. He and three others sold for more than $500,000 to push up the average by 23.9% to $177,750 for the sale
Moving the under-tack preview forward a day to dodge wet weather paid off for the Barretts Sales & Racing March 2-year-old select sale. A nice crowd of prospective buyers was on hand Feb. 27 to witness 104 horses breeze.
Move aside college hoops. The Thoroughbred industry has experienced its own run of March Madness this month with the 2-year-olds in training sales thriving in a booming juvenile market.
In keeping with most other sales this year of 2-year-olds in training, the Ocala Breeders' Sale Co. ended its two day June sale June 17 with decreases in all major indices.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill