Minority interest in Withers Stakes winner Far From Over sold to James Covello and Sol Kumin's Madaket Stable.
Grade I winner Violence, among the early favorites for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), sustained a fracture to his right front medial sesamoid and is off the Triple Crown trail.
A handsome Tapit colt commanded $1 million during the second hour of the Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Silver Medallion continued to show his affinity for the turf, rallying five-wide around the final turn to win his second graded stakes in a row by a neck in the $100,000 Ft. Lauderdale (gr. IIIT) Jan. 14 at Gulfstream Park.
Not everybody was shopping for items in the wildly popular new Missoni collection at Target stores Sept. 13. In Lexington, many people were busy buying horses at Keeneland.
A Medaglia d'Oro -- Violent Beauty, by Gone West, colt (Hip No. 469) was purchased by Black Rock Stable for $600,000 from the Hill 'n' Dale Sales consignment during the third session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
A majority interest in Silver Medallion, winner of the El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) and Eddie Logan Stakes in his last two starts, has been sold to Steven Marshall.
David J. Lanzman Racing Stable has filed suit against IEAH Stables, claiming breach of contract in connection with IEAH's purchase of half-interest in I Want Revenge, the morning-line favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) who was scratched the day of the classic.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Two Paths Toward Integrity