Two bills that would authorize three destination resorts with casinos, including roulette and other table games, in the southeast Florida counties of Miami-Dade and Broward were introduced in the state legislature Oct. 26.
Racing is making significant strides in a number of important areas, but needs legislative assistance in others, a representative of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association told a panel of legislators from gaming states Friday during a meeting in Las Vegas.
Issues related to the loss of tax dollars from Internet wagering will come into focus when state legislators from across the country meet in Las Vegas to focus on public policy questions related to Internet, casino, and other forms of gaming. The occasion will be the 2004 Winter Meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) at Harrah's Las Vegas on the January 9-11 weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup