Two bills that would authorize three destination resorts with casinos, including roulette and other table games, in the southeast Florida counties of Miami-Dade and Broward were introduced in the state legislature Oct. 26.
Racing is making significant strides in a number of important areas, but needs legislative assistance in others, a representative of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association told a panel of legislators from gaming states Friday during a meeting in Las Vegas.
Issues related to the loss of tax dollars from Internet wagering will come into focus when state legislators from across the country meet in Las Vegas to focus on public policy questions related to Internet, casino, and other forms of gaming. The occasion will be the 2004 Winter Meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) at Harrah's Las Vegas on the January 9-11 weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day