Even-money choice Iotapa made it consecutive grade I scores with her victory in the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes Aug. 2 at Del Mar, but was all out to get the job done with jockey Joe Talamo.
Front-running Iotapa, bouncing back from disappointing effort at Churchill Downs, left the favorites behind with a superb effort in the $300,000 Vanity Stakes (gr. I) June 14 at Santa Anita Park.
Graded stakes-placed four times previously in her career, Iotapa broke through with a front-running tally in the $200,000 Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted