More than 100 people who make their living in the Kentucky horse industry made their case to three Northern Kentucky legislators Feb. 16, and the message was clear: The economics must change or the state will lose a valuable asset.
Trainer Ellen Atkins-Tippett's first career starter came home a winner Sunday when Silent Desert won Turfway Park's fourth race, a one-mile event for $5,000 claimers. Atkins-Tippett has held her trainer's license just since January 26.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms