Los Alamitos Race Course ended its three-week Thoroughbred meeting Sept. 25, but how the Orange County racetrack judges "success" is still up in the air.
"She's running for Rett Syndrome. She's running for my girls and our family. She's going to do amazing things. Nobody can tell me any different. She's the underdog and so are our girls."
Jockey Fernando Perez was released from the hospital only hours after his mount in the fifth race at Santa Anita Park June 25 fatally broke down and sent him crashing to the ground.
Tough Sunday's recovery from multiple health issues as a young horse proved nothing less than extraordinary when seemingly against all odds the colt made it to the races and became a winner last month at Santa Anita Park.
Tough Sunday defied the odds of a difficult birth and multiple serious health issues as a youngster to finally become a winning racehorse Dec. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Moudez, winner of the Joseph T. Grace Handicap on the Santa Rosa turf in his first start in more than three years, takes a big leap in the $250,000 Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT) Aug. 28.
Steve Miyadi recorded his 1,000th training victory Jan. 2 when his 3-year-old filly Shesgoinghollywood won the first race at Golden Gate Fields.
William E. Morey ended a string of 32 consecutive training titles won by Jerry Hollendorfer at Golden Gate Fields as the East Bay track's 30-day spring meeting came to a close June 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby