The 150th edition of the Queen's Plate (Can-I) on June 21 is one of the highlights of the 2009 stakles schedule at Woodbine Racecourse in Canada. The stakes schedule released Feb. 6 includes 103 races with purses of more than Can$22 million.
All the fan favorites are returning, but the Woodbine Thoroughbred stakes schedule, released Feb. 13 by Woodbine Entertainment Group, will have a slightly different look in 2007. The big races are in the traditional spots on the calendar, but they have bundled some of other key stakes events. The 102-race day calendar is worth more than $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- BH 100: Commemorates
- Laoban Works Toward Return