The 150th edition of the Queen's Plate (Can-I) on June 21 is one of the highlights of the 2009 stakles schedule at Woodbine Racecourse in Canada. The stakes schedule released Feb. 6 includes 103 races with purses of more than Can$22 million.
All the fan favorites are returning, but the Woodbine Thoroughbred stakes schedule, released Feb. 13 by Woodbine Entertainment Group, will have a slightly different look in 2007. The big races are in the traditional spots on the calendar, but they have bundled some of other key stakes events. The 102-race day calendar is worth more than $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Armin van Buuren Tops Preakness InfieldFest
- Status Quo for 2015-16 Florida Racing Dates
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough