The 150th edition of the Queen's Plate (Can-I) on June 21 is one of the highlights of the 2009 stakles schedule at Woodbine Racecourse in Canada. The stakes schedule released Feb. 6 includes 103 races with purses of more than Can$22 million.
All the fan favorites are returning, but the Woodbine Thoroughbred stakes schedule, released Feb. 13 by Woodbine Entertainment Group, will have a slightly different look in 2007. The big races are in the traditional spots on the calendar, but they have bundled some of other key stakes events. The 102-race day calendar is worth more than $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes