The 150th edition of the Queen's Plate (Can-I) on June 21 is one of the highlights of the 2009 stakles schedule at Woodbine Racecourse in Canada. The stakes schedule released Feb. 6 includes 103 races with purses of more than Can$22 million.
All the fan favorites are returning, but the Woodbine Thoroughbred stakes schedule, released Feb. 13 by Woodbine Entertainment Group, will have a slightly different look in 2007. The big races are in the traditional spots on the calendar, but they have bundled some of other key stakes events. The 102-race day calendar is worth more than $22 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos