Stuart Slagle, currently racing secretary at Hastings Racecourse, has been named new Thoroughbred racing secretary at Woodbine, effective Nov. 10.
Woodbine's 133-day Thoroughbred meet will feature 102 stakes races worth nearly $20 million in purses.
Steve Lym, director of Thoroughbred racing and racing secretary at Woodbine, will have his role expanded to include operational responsibilities for the Woodbine backstretch.
A 167-day meet at Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, is set to begin April 6, but the lingering slots-at-racetracks issue could make the 2012 meet the last one of its kind.
A 102-race, $23 million stakes calendar, will highlight Woodbine's 167-day Thoroughbred meet in 2012.
Woodbine Racecourse has released a 2011 schedule consisting of 102 stakes offering nearly $22 million in purses, including cuts to two of its major races.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced March 12 personnel changes in its Thoroughbred racing operations.
The Jockey Club of Canada announced Feb. 7 the 2006 edition of the Canadian Thoroughbred Ratings.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has announced that Steve Lym has been appointed the company's Thoroughbred racing secretary.
Steve Lym, a former trainer and Woodbine's chief clocker, has been appointed racing secretary for Woodbine Entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Mongolian Khan Wins Duel for NZ Derby
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing