The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that Woodbine Racetrack in Rexdale, Ontario, near Toronto, has earned reaccreditation from the NTRA Safety & Integrity Alliance.
- By Frank Angst
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region
Officials from the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society, Ontario Division, and Woodbine Entertainment Group plan to meet in the near future to discuss reductions in Ontario Sire purse bonuses for 2016.
Stuart Slagle, currently racing secretary at Hastings Racecourse, has been named new Thoroughbred racing secretary at Woodbine, effective Nov. 10.
Woodbine's 133-day Thoroughbred meet will feature 102 stakes races worth nearly $20 million in purses.
Steve Lym, director of Thoroughbred racing and racing secretary at Woodbine, will have his role expanded to include operational responsibilities for the Woodbine backstretch.
A 167-day meet at Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, is set to begin April 6, but the lingering slots-at-racetracks issue could make the 2012 meet the last one of its kind.
A 102-race, $23 million stakes calendar, will highlight Woodbine's 167-day Thoroughbred meet in 2012.
Woodbine Racecourse has released a 2011 schedule consisting of 102 stakes offering nearly $22 million in purses, including cuts to two of its major races.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced March 12 personnel changes in its Thoroughbred racing operations.
The Jockey Club of Canada announced Feb. 7 the 2006 edition of the Canadian Thoroughbred Ratings.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has announced that Steve Lym has been appointed the company's Thoroughbred racing secretary.
Steve Lym, a former trainer and Woodbine's chief clocker, has been appointed racing secretary for Woodbine Entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby