The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced that Woodbine Racetrack in Rexdale, Ontario, near Toronto, has earned reaccreditation from the NTRA Safety & Integrity Alliance.
- By Frank Angst
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, International, Northeast Region, Midwest Region
Officials from the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society, Ontario Division, and Woodbine Entertainment Group plan to meet in the near future to discuss reductions in Ontario Sire purse bonuses for 2016.
Stuart Slagle, currently racing secretary at Hastings Racecourse, has been named new Thoroughbred racing secretary at Woodbine, effective Nov. 10.
Woodbine's 133-day Thoroughbred meet will feature 102 stakes races worth nearly $20 million in purses.
Steve Lym, director of Thoroughbred racing and racing secretary at Woodbine, will have his role expanded to include operational responsibilities for the Woodbine backstretch.
A 167-day meet at Woodbine in Ontario, Canada, is set to begin April 6, but the lingering slots-at-racetracks issue could make the 2012 meet the last one of its kind.
A 102-race, $23 million stakes calendar, will highlight Woodbine's 167-day Thoroughbred meet in 2012.
Woodbine Racecourse has released a 2011 schedule consisting of 102 stakes offering nearly $22 million in purses, including cuts to two of its major races.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced March 12 personnel changes in its Thoroughbred racing operations.
The Jockey Club of Canada announced Feb. 7 the 2006 edition of the Canadian Thoroughbred Ratings.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has announced that Steve Lym has been appointed the company's Thoroughbred racing secretary.
Steve Lym, a former trainer and Woodbine's chief clocker, has been appointed racing secretary for Woodbine Entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill