Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel announced June 11 changes to its annual Jackpot Day program scheduled this year for Saturday, Nov. 22 in Vinton, La.
This year's $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) for 2-year-olds will be held at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel Nov. 22, Boyd Gaming Corp. announced.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino has released its 2013-14 Thoroughbred stakes schedule, which includes 32 races and $4.6 million in total purse money.
All-sources handle for the season was $141,735,025, up 12.52% compared with the 2011-12 meeting that produced $125,963,850. This year's daily average handle from all sources was $1,629,138, or 13.81% higher.
Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel concluded its 2011-2012 Thoroughbred season the night of March 17. The 88-day meeting produced record wagering amounts in several categories as well as sizable increases in handle.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released