Evangeline Downs officials have rescheduled the three stakes that were slated for the main track May 30 to now be run June 6.
A severe rainstorm May 30 forced Evangeline Downs officials to cancel 11 races on the 12-race card
Evangeline Downs Racetrack Casino announced the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint will be renewed May 30, three weeks earlier than the inaugural event in 2014.
Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel announced June 11 changes to its annual Jackpot Day program scheduled this year for Saturday, Nov. 22 in Vinton, La.
This year's $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) for 2-year-olds will be held at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel Nov. 22, Boyd Gaming Corp. announced.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino has released its 2013-14 Thoroughbred stakes schedule, which includes 32 races and $4.6 million in total purse money.
All-sources handle for the season was $141,735,025, up 12.52% compared with the 2011-12 meeting that produced $125,963,850. This year's daily average handle from all sources was $1,629,138, or 13.81% higher.
Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel concluded its 2011-2012 Thoroughbred season the night of March 17. The 88-day meeting produced record wagering amounts in several categories as well as sizable increases in handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate