Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel announced June 11 changes to its annual Jackpot Day program scheduled this year for Saturday, Nov. 22 in Vinton, La.
This year's $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) for 2-year-olds will be held at Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel Nov. 22, Boyd Gaming Corp. announced.
Evangeline Downs Racetrack, Casino & Hotel and Boyd Gaming Feb. 19 announced the creation of one of the richest turf sprint stakes in the U.S.: the $300,000 Evangeline Downs Turf Sprint to be run June 21.
Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino has released its 2013-14 Thoroughbred stakes schedule, which includes 32 races and $4.6 million in total purse money.
All-sources handle for the season was $141,735,025, up 12.52% compared with the 2011-12 meeting that produced $125,963,850. This year's daily average handle from all sources was $1,629,138, or 13.81% higher.
Delta Downs Racetrack Casino & Hotel concluded its 2011-2012 Thoroughbred season the night of March 17. The 88-day meeting produced record wagering amounts in several categories as well as sizable increases in handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington