Due to heavy rains that hit northern New Jersey overnight and are expected to continue through early afternoon Nov. 1, the Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live Thoroughbred racing.
Woodbine Entertainment Group May 23 announced its 2013 Thoroughbred stakes calendar. There will be 107 stakes more than $20.25 million.
After a year of uncertainty due to the cancellation of the Ontario slots-at-racetracks program, Woodbine is set to begin its 133-day Thoroughbred meet April 20.
Citing uncertainty due to the scheduled end of its slots-at-racetracks program in March 2013, Woodbine has submitted a request to the Ontario Racing Commission to cancel 11 Thoroughbred Thursday afternoon programs.
Live Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine was cancelled Thursday, Oct. 20 due to unsafe track conditions.
Due to extreme heat conditions live Thoroughbred racing at Woodbine and Colonial Downs was canceled July 21, and Monmouth Park rescheduled its July 22 program for July 25.
The NTRA announced March 29 that Woodbine Racetrack has been fully accredited by the NTRA Safety and Integrity Alliance. The Ontario, Canada track received 'best practice' ratings in several areas.
Woodbine Entertainment Group announced March 12 personnel changes in its Thoroughbred racing operations.
Most Popular Stories
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes