EquiLottery and AmTote announced a newly formed strategic relationship Dec. 18 that will make AmTote the preferred tote provider for EquiLottery.
The New York Racing Association will employ a new system and betting terminals from AmTote International across a suite of platforms throughout its racetracks beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3.
Some bettors across the country nearly got shut out of the May 1 Kentucky Derby when AmTote International's multi-jurisdictional wagering hub in Portland, Ore., locked up twice within 50 minutes of the Derby's post time.
AmTote Canada will continue to be the tote services provider for Attractions Hippiques Quebec, it was announced Aug. 29.
- By Ryan Conley
With executives from the three largest North American tote companies sitting before them, some attendees in a panel discussion at the 33rd Racing & Gaming Symposium Dec. 6 wondered why the trio of bet-processors couldn't work together better for the convenience of the consumer.
Magna Entertainment Corp. completed a $17.4 million acquisition of AmTote International on Thursday, adding a major provider of totalizator services to its portfolio of horse racing entities.
Magna Entertainment Corp. announced July 26 that it has exercised its first purchase option to acquire an additional 30% equity interest in AmTote International, Inc. and has sent written notice of its intention to exercise its second purchase option to acquire the remaining 40% equity interest in the wagering technology company.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale