The Keeneland September yearling sale closed out its two Book 2 sessions Saturday night in Lexington with a $485,000 Mineshaft colt session-topper and across-the-board gains as compared with last year's Book 2 portion.
Iowa-based Dennis Albaugh, through Kempton Bloodstock's Steve Castagnola, went to $485,000 to secure a Mineshaft colt Sept. 19, topping to that point the fifth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Hard Aces, sharp winner of the Louisiana Handicap in his first start of 2015, has been sold privately to Hronis Racing with plans to ship to Southern California to take on Shared Belief in the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap.
Sire Cowtown Cat, a son of Distorted Humor previously stood in Florida, is moving to Mapleton Thoroughbred Farm near Polk, Ohio, in 2015.
Shannon Castagnola has joined John Sykes' Woodford Thoroughbreds as director of client development for the Kentucky and Florida operation.
Steve Castagnola is relaunching Kempton Bloodstock in association with the Berger family's Woodstock Farm.
While rest of the world worries about the European debt crisis and America's high unemployment rate, horsemen are starting to see signs that the struggling Thoroughbred market is taking a turn for the better.
Vinery has reached an agreement to acquire Steve Castagnola's Kempton Bloodstock, creating a new bloodstock division at the Lexington farm.
Steve Castagnola, the director of client development at Taylor Made Sales Agency in Kentucky, is leaving his position to begin his own bloodstock agency, it was announced Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- What's Going On Here: Most Charming
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS