In search of a yearling with classic potential, Albaugh Family Stable stepped up to acquire J Boys Echo for $485,000 at the 2015 Keeneland September yearling sale.
The Keeneland September yearling sale closed out its two Book 2 sessions Saturday night in Lexington with a $485,000 Mineshaft colt session-topper and across-the-board gains as compared with last year's Book 2 portion.
Iowa-based Dennis Albaugh, through Kempton Bloodstock's Steve Castagnola, went to $485,000 to secure a Mineshaft colt Sept. 19, topping to that point the fifth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale.
Hard Aces, sharp winner of the Louisiana Handicap in his first start of 2015, has been sold privately to Hronis Racing with plans to ship to Southern California to take on Shared Belief in the $1 million Santa Anita Handicap.
Sire Cowtown Cat, a son of Distorted Humor previously stood in Florida, is moving to Mapleton Thoroughbred Farm near Polk, Ohio, in 2015.
Shannon Castagnola has joined John Sykes' Woodford Thoroughbreds as director of client development for the Kentucky and Florida operation.
Steve Castagnola is relaunching Kempton Bloodstock in association with the Berger family's Woodstock Farm.
While rest of the world worries about the European debt crisis and America's high unemployment rate, horsemen are starting to see signs that the struggling Thoroughbred market is taking a turn for the better.
Vinery has reached an agreement to acquire Steve Castagnola's Kempton Bloodstock, creating a new bloodstock division at the Lexington farm.
Steve Castagnola, the director of client development at Taylor Made Sales Agency in Kentucky, is leaving his position to begin his own bloodstock agency, it was announced Aug. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita