Los Alamitos Race Course received passing marks for its two-week Thoroughbred meet that ended July 13, but a track official conceded that there was room for improvement.
Over the next several months, the Los Angeles County Fair plans to phase out its racing-related activities at Fairplex Park, chief executive officer James Henwood told the California Horse Racing Board April 25.
Cal Expo won a tussle to gain an extra week on the summer fair racing calendar beginning in July 2015 after several months of debate when the California Horse Racing Board approved the dates plan.
Steve Beneto's Sweet Lulu shipped across the country, ran on dirt for the first time, tackled graded stakes company, and emerged victorious in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 24.
Slated to close for development Dec. 22, Betfair Hollywood Park is planning to stay open for training through Jan. 31--and perhaps longer, the California Horse Racing Board was told Aug. 22.
The California Horse Racing Board approved a Southern California dates calendar for 2013 that requires Betfair Hollywood Park to give a 10-month commitment to racing.
Exchange wagering seems to be getting all the scrutiny it can handle from the California Horse Racing Board. Nearly two years after the concept was signed into law, the board decided to delay implementation June 28.
Determined Via Villaggio advanced along the rail to challenge overwhelming favorite Sister Moon in the stretch, then held on for a half-length upset in the $98,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Betfair Hollywood Park May 19.
Horse owner Steve Beneto is the newest member to be added to the California Horse Racing Board by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer