Steve Beneto's Sweet Lulu shipped across the country, ran on dirt for the first time, tackled graded stakes company, and emerged victorious in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 24.
Slated to close for development Dec. 22, Betfair Hollywood Park is planning to stay open for training through Jan. 31--and perhaps longer, the California Horse Racing Board was told Aug. 22.
The California Horse Racing Board approved a Southern California dates calendar for 2013 that requires Betfair Hollywood Park to give a 10-month commitment to racing.
Exchange wagering seems to be getting all the scrutiny it can handle from the California Horse Racing Board. Nearly two years after the concept was signed into law, the board decided to delay implementation June 28.
Determined Via Villaggio advanced along the rail to challenge overwhelming favorite Sister Moon in the stretch, then held on for a half-length upset in the $98,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Betfair Hollywood Park May 19.
Horse owner Steve Beneto is the newest member to be added to the California Horse Racing Board by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Most Popular Stories
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension