Cal Expo won a tussle to gain an extra week on the summer fair racing calendar beginning in July 2015 after several months of debate when the California Horse Racing Board approved the dates plan.
Steve Beneto's Sweet Lulu shipped across the country, ran on dirt for the first time, tackled graded stakes company, and emerged victorious in the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 24.
Slated to close for development Dec. 22, Betfair Hollywood Park is planning to stay open for training through Jan. 31--and perhaps longer, the California Horse Racing Board was told Aug. 22.
The California Horse Racing Board approved a Southern California dates calendar for 2013 that requires Betfair Hollywood Park to give a 10-month commitment to racing.
Exchange wagering seems to be getting all the scrutiny it can handle from the California Horse Racing Board. Nearly two years after the concept was signed into law, the board decided to delay implementation June 28.
Determined Via Villaggio advanced along the rail to challenge overwhelming favorite Sister Moon in the stretch, then held on for a half-length upset in the $98,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Betfair Hollywood Park May 19.
Horse owner Steve Beneto is the newest member to be added to the California Horse Racing Board by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio