California's State Capitol went all Chrome on Thursday, Aug. 14 as proud legislators paid tribute to the state's Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner.
Trainer Art Sherman and co-owners Steve and Carolyn Coburn arrived at Belmont Park June 2 to check on their Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner, California Chrome.
Favored California Chome proved he belongs on the Triple Crown trail with a front-running stampede to victory in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. II) March 8 at gleaming Santa Anita Park.
Art Sherman still has a soft spot for a horse with personality, another reason he loves California Chrome. "I like a people's horse, and that's what he is--he likes people," the trainer said.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- NEHBPA Files Application to Operate Suffolk
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Haskin: Zayats Tested Like Few Owners Before
- Live Racing Blows In at Mahoning Valley
- Lope de Vega Colt Leads Tattersalls Trading
- Catching Up with Go for Gin
- Catching Up with Hansel
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire