Rags To Riches, this year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner, returned to Todd Pletcher's barn at Belmont Park July 27 following a two-day complete physical exam at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's New Bolton Center.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Rags to Riches was pulled up Sunday morning shortly after beginning a five-furlong workout at Belmont Park.
Roses in May, a top handicap horse over the past two seasons, has been retired by owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey due to a torn tendon in the horse's left front leg.
For trainer Ronny Werner, the May 18 quarantine that effectively closed down three barns on the backside of Churchill Downs due to the suspected outbreak of equine herpes virus came exactly one week after a filly under his care went down in her stall and inexplicably lost all mobility.
Dan Borislow's Toccet, who was sidelined earlier this year with what was diagnosed as a remodeling of the ankles, suffered a slight bruise to his right front foot Saturday after being in training for several days.
Most Popular Stories
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing