Rags To Riches, this year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner, returned to Todd Pletcher's barn at Belmont Park July 27 following a two-day complete physical exam at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's New Bolton Center.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Rags to Riches was pulled up Sunday morning shortly after beginning a five-furlong workout at Belmont Park.
Roses in May, a top handicap horse over the past two seasons, has been retired by owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey due to a torn tendon in the horse's left front leg.
For trainer Ronny Werner, the May 18 quarantine that effectively closed down three barns on the backside of Churchill Downs due to the suspected outbreak of equine herpes virus came exactly one week after a filly under his care went down in her stall and inexplicably lost all mobility.
Dan Borislow's Toccet, who was sidelined earlier this year with what was diagnosed as a remodeling of the ankles, suffered a slight bruise to his right front foot Saturday after being in training for several days.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale