Rags To Riches, this year's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner, returned to Todd Pletcher's barn at Belmont Park July 27 following a two-day complete physical exam at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's New Bolton Center.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Rags to Riches was pulled up Sunday morning shortly after beginning a five-furlong workout at Belmont Park.
Roses in May, a top handicap horse over the past two seasons, has been retired by owners Ken and Sarah Ramsey due to a torn tendon in the horse's left front leg.
For trainer Ronny Werner, the May 18 quarantine that effectively closed down three barns on the backside of Churchill Downs due to the suspected outbreak of equine herpes virus came exactly one week after a filly under his care went down in her stall and inexplicably lost all mobility.
Dan Borislow's Toccet, who was sidelined earlier this year with what was diagnosed as a remodeling of the ankles, suffered a slight bruise to his right front foot Saturday after being in training for several days.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap