Racing Medication and Testing Consortium executive director Dionne Benson discussed the implications of a British steroid ban on U.S. horses Aug. 6 during TOBA's annual members meeting.
The Louisiana State Racing Commission took steps Aug. 25 to ban exogenous steroids. The rules could become effective before Jan. 1.
A steroid-free Breeders' Cup took another step forward when the California Horse Racing Board reclassified the four most common anabolic steroids, effectively outlawing the substances for horses in training in the state.
The California Horse Racing Board took a major step towards banning supplemental anabolic steroids with the adoption of testing levels for four major substances during its meeting Feb. 28 in Arcadia.
The California Horse Racing Board took another step Thursday toward the elimination of anabolic steroids in California races, and at the urging of CHRB Chairman Richard B. Shapiro and others, the prohibition could eventually extend to California horse sales as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby