Visionaire, a Saratoga grade I winner, will enter stud in 2010 at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
Cefis, a grade II winner named for Hall of Fame trainer Woody Stephens, has died of an apparent heart attack at Middle Creek Farm near Woodhull, N.Y.
Grade I winner and millionaire Include was represented by his first winner when his daughter, A Slick Chic, won May 9 at Calder Race Course.
Jimmy Iselin has trained some good horses. But this is the classic story, as he said jokingly, "of the one that got away."
By Jay Stephens -- This year's opening day of the Keeneland fall meeting--Oct. 8--features a long overdue salute to Whirlaway. The "Calumet Comet" was the first Triple Crown winner to prep at Keeneland, and the opening day festivities will celebrate that fact. But there is much more to celebrate with regards to Whirlaway than simply his preparation at Keeneland or his victorious run at the Triple Crown in 1941. Whirlaway was a true equine hero.
Before they were even assured a spot in Saturday's Kentucky Derby field, trainers of the top 21 Derby hopefuls were invited to a dinner in their honor Tuesday night.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- Sweet Loretta Aims for Grade I in Spinaway
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Next Step for Undefeated Three Rules
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Made You Look Finds Way in With Anticipation
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record