Dubai, one of the seven United Arab Emirates, will sponsor the group I Dewhurst Stakes, it was announced Aug. 25. The race will be run Oct. 16 at Newmarket in England.
Newmarket and Jockey Club Racecourses have appointed Stephen Wallis to managing director of Newmarket Racecourses.
A total of five horses have been added to the Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) at the second entry stage: Dijeer, Mythical Kid, Dubai Twilight, Finicius, and Kid Mambo.
A 639-strong entry has been received for the 2006 Vodafone Derby at the initial yearling entry stage, just nine short of the record 648 entries made for the 2005 classic at Epsom Downs.
Dutch Gold, Kris Kin and Norse Dancer were each supplemented Monday at a cost of £90,000 for Saturday's Vodafone Derby at Britain's Epsom Downs. With 21 other horses nominated at the five-day confirmation stage, the purse for the classic of £1.47 million will make it the richest race ever run in Europe.
The leading contenders for the 2003 Vodafone Oaks remain in the June 6 classic after the final forfeit stage. Included among the 3-year-old fillies in contention for the group I race at Britain's Epsom Downs is William S. Farish's Casual Look.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale