The Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale ended Jan. 19 in Australia with a Sequalo colt topping the sixth session. Magic Millions, acting as agent for a Queensland-based client, purchased the bay yearling for Aust$45,000.
A Henny Hughes colt brought Aust$210,000 ($207,549 in U.S. funds) Jan. 16 to top the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling auction in Australia on a day when the gross, average, and median all increased.
The gross, average, and median declined 6.1%, 3.9%, and 5.3%, respectively, but the clearance rate was about the same.
Trainer Peter Moody purchased the yearling, who is a half brother to three-time group I winner More Joyous.
A Redoute's Choice colt, who is a half brother to group I winner Casino Prince, topped the second day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13 when he brought Aust$625,000.
A Gonski colt brought the top price of Aust$180,000 ($177,690 in U.S. funds) during the opening session of the Magic Millions national horses in training sale on the Gold Coast of Australia Oct. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround