The Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale ended Jan. 19 in Australia with a Sequalo colt topping the sixth session. Magic Millions, acting as agent for a Queensland-based client, purchased the bay yearling for Aust$45,000.
A Henny Hughes colt brought Aust$210,000 ($207,549 in U.S. funds) Jan. 16 to top the fifth session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling auction in Australia on a day when the gross, average, and median all increased.
The gross, average, and median declined 6.1%, 3.9%, and 5.3%, respectively, but the clearance rate was about the same.
Trainer Peter Moody purchased the yearling, who is a half brother to three-time group I winner More Joyous.
A Redoute's Choice colt, who is a half brother to group I winner Casino Prince, topped the second day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Australia Jan. 13 when he brought Aust$625,000.
A Gonski colt brought the top price of Aust$180,000 ($177,690 in U.S. funds) during the opening session of the Magic Millions national horses in training sale on the Gold Coast of Australia Oct. 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends