Cajun Beat, last year's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, kicked off his 2004 campaign with a gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Dogwood Stable's favored Smok'n Frolic gained command on the final turn and cruised to a 3 1/2-length win in Saturday's $175,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), ending a five-race losing streak. Cajun Beat was the upset winner of the $00,000 Kentucky cup Sprint (gr. III)
Baileys Edge found room for his stretch run along the rail and then held off Friendly Frolic in a frantic run to the wire for a head victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Kauai Katie Makes Her 2014 Debut in Distaff
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio