Cajun Beat, last year's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, kicked off his 2004 campaign with a gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Dogwood Stable's favored Smok'n Frolic gained command on the final turn and cruised to a 3 1/2-length win in Saturday's $175,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), ending a five-race losing streak. Cajun Beat was the upset winner of the $00,000 Kentucky cup Sprint (gr. III)
Baileys Edge found room for his stretch run along the rail and then held off Friendly Frolic in a frantic run to the wire for a head victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win