Cajun Beat, last year's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, kicked off his 2004 campaign with a gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Dogwood Stable's favored Smok'n Frolic gained command on the final turn and cruised to a 3 1/2-length win in Saturday's $175,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), ending a five-race losing streak. Cajun Beat was the upset winner of the $00,000 Kentucky cup Sprint (gr. III)
Baileys Edge found room for his stretch run along the rail and then held off Friendly Frolic in a frantic run to the wire for a head victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends