Cajun Beat, last year's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, kicked off his 2004 campaign with a gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Dogwood Stable's favored Smok'n Frolic gained command on the final turn and cruised to a 3 1/2-length win in Saturday's $175,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III), ending a five-race losing streak. Cajun Beat was the upset winner of the $00,000 Kentucky cup Sprint (gr. III)
Baileys Edge found room for his stretch run along the rail and then held off Friendly Frolic in a frantic run to the wire for a head victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) for sprinters at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes