Jim and Susan Hill's Grand Arch roared past pacesetter King Kreesa entering the stretch and repelled the come-from-behind bid from Ironicus to win the $500,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 15 at Saratoga Race Course.
A colt by Footstepsinthesand sold for the highest price at the Doncaster breeze-up sale, which posted records for average and median April 22.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
A son of Hernando topped an upbeat Goffs Sportsman's yearling sale, bringing 75,000 Euros Oct. 5 in Ireland. Stephen Hillen purchased the bay yearling from Staffordstown.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
Three-year-old Irish-bred Topjeu, by Montjeu, topped day two of Tattersalls' July Sale in Newmarket July 11 when selling for 160,000 guineas as a potential jumper to Newmarket agent Stephen Hillen.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner