Jim and Susan Hill's Grand Arch roared past pacesetter King Kreesa entering the stretch and repelled the come-from-behind bid from Ironicus to win the $500,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) Aug. 15 at Saratoga Race Course.
A colt by Footstepsinthesand sold for the highest price at the Doncaster breeze-up sale, which posted records for average and median April 22.
Astaire made all the pace and gamely captured the Vision.ae Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) from stablemate Hot Streak Oct. 12 at Newmarket.
A son of Hernando topped an upbeat Goffs Sportsman's yearling sale, bringing 75,000 Euros Oct. 5 in Ireland. Stephen Hillen purchased the bay yearling from Staffordstown.
The median price rose 33.3% from 2008 during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale Oct. 26 in England. However, the gross revenue and average price suffered moderate setbacks, falling 12.6% and 11.1%, respectively.
Three-year-old Irish-bred Topjeu, by Montjeu, topped day two of Tattersalls' July Sale in Newmarket July 11 when selling for 160,000 guineas as a potential jumper to Newmarket agent Stephen Hillen.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- First Winners for Crossbow, Gattopardo
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers