The future of live Thoroughbred racing in New England became cloudier June 24 after the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court ruled that a referendum to repeal the state's casino law may appear on the November ballot.
Massachusetts is the first U.S. racing authority to endorse horse safety and welfare guidelines from the International Group of Specialists Racing Veterinarians.
Suffolk Downs was granted a racing license Nov. 14 for 2014 based on its intent to offer live Thoroughbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- That Handicapping Show: Hagyard Fayette S.
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic