Robin Richards was elected president and Stephanie Beattie first vice president of the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association during the organization's board of directors meeting July 1 in Iowa.
An investigating grand jury has recommended continued investigation of two trainers and adoption of regulations to allow for monitoring of training centers in connection with a probe at Penn National.
Trainer Stephanie Beattie won her 1,000th race when favored Shesadozer scored a front-running victory in the sixth race at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course in Pennsylvania on the night of April 30.
Suarez Racing Inc.'s No Advantage, winless in five previous starts at Laurel Park, made his victory count with a strong come-from-behind win in the $150,000 General George Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 21 at the Maryland racetrack.
The Pennsylvania Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association has plans to open a Thoroughbred retraining facility in conjunction with New Vocations near Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
A growing network of horse rescue operations and some anti-slaughter policies at racetracks have taken root, but keeping track of where horses go when they're finished racing is a challenge.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Grade 2 Status Not Reinstated for Buena Vista