The attorney representing Racing Services Inc. official Raymundo Diaz was removed from the case by a U.S. District judge Thursday because of a conflict of interest. In other developments, Racing Services founder Susan Bala filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on behalf of the company.
State officials in North Dakota are calling for changes to the commission that oversees horse racing and a wagering business under investigation by state and federal authorities.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud