The attorney representing Racing Services Inc. official Raymundo Diaz was removed from the case by a U.S. District judge Thursday because of a conflict of interest. In other developments, Racing Services founder Susan Bala filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on behalf of the company.
State officials in North Dakota are calling for changes to the commission that oversees horse racing and a wagering business under investigation by state and federal authorities.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win