According to Dr. Alan J. Nixon of Cornell University, veterinarians might be able to treat horses with injuries to their superficial digital flexor tendons (SDFTs) effectively by injecting stem cells directly into the injured tendon using cells that were harvested and expanded from the horse's own bone marrow.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth