New Techniques for Harvesting and Administering Stem Cells
"Horsepower demonstrated that stem cells may actually have the ability to impact bone as well as soft tissue, and made us think that maybe we've only scratched the surface." - Dr. Larry Bramlage
There is "less than a 10% chance" Hansen, the 2011 champion 2-year-old male who was withdrawn from the Travers Stakes (gr. I) due to a tendon injury, could ever return to competition.
Millionaire Fabulous Strike recently underwent stem cell treatment at New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, Pa., in an effort to get him back to the racetrack later this summer.
- By Claire Novak
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers' Club focused on equine health and biosecurity and offered a presentation by guest speaker Dr. Roberta Dwyer of the Gluck Equine Research Center Oct. 9.
Mr Cool's victory in the Stanleybet Long Distance Handicap Hurdle at Haydock Park Racecourse, England, on Saturday, May 7 was noteworthy due to pioneering tendon treatment he had received.
Although the horse has undergone a stem cell procedure to help heal a ligament tear in his ankle, the connections of Ten Most Wanted said they would rather stand him at stud than attempt a racing comeback.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3