Charles Kidder's Time's Mistress, twice third to Devil House in stakes at the meeting, turned the tables on that rival when she raced to a 4 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes for 3-year-old fillies on Friday afternoon at Oaklawn Park.
Lady Joanne, with John McKee in the irons, challenged heavily favored Change Up on the backstretch and dueled with that rival into deep stretch before she pulled away to score a 1 1/4-length victory in the 63rd-running of the $224,600, grade II Golden Rod for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs.
Saturday's $200,000-added Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Churchill Downs will pit father against son as veteran trainer Bernie Flint will saddle Mike Rutherford's Cohiba Miss in a bid to upset Richard, Elaine, and Bert Klein's Change Up, trained by his son, Steve.
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Fillies Sparkle in Furlong Drills at OBS
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- Barretts May Sale Catalog Now Online
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'
- Hamilton Joins Darby Dan Farm