Stormello, who stands at Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington, will shuttle to Alberto Stein's Haras La Leyenda near Buenos Aires, Argentina, for the Southern Hemisphere breeding season.
Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships day got started just a few minutes past noon Saturday with one of two undercard races, the $281,500 Emirates Airline Sport Page (gr. III).
Gotaghostofachance is out to turn the tables on Captain Squire in Saturday's $250,000 Emirates Airline Sport Page Handicap (gr. III) after finishing a narrow fourth to him in the Ancient Title at Oak Tree Oct. 8. But trainer Roger Stein says that's not the reason he brought the gelding to Belmont Park on Breeders' Cup day.
A muddy track was just what General John B ordered as he ground to a front-running six-length victory in the $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds Saturday in Phoenix.
Southern California trainer and radio personality Roger Stein is recuperating from surgery to remove part of his left foot performed Jan. 30 at a Woodland Hills hospital.
On April 21, sports fans in Lexington, Ky. can enjoy two of the city's best professional sports and in turn support the United Way of the Bluegrass.
California trainer Roger Stein, whose long-running Thoroughbred racing radio show was removed from the air six weeks ago, will resurface Sat., Nov. 24, on KPLS, 830 on the AM dial, at 8 a.m. Pacific Time.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award