Owner Michael Moran shares the story of champion steeplechaser McDynamo, who on Aug. 9 will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Foaled in Kentucky, nominated to the Breeders' Cup, sold at Keeneland, ridden by Pat Day at Saratoga -- then McDynamo grew up.
Nathan Fox went to Monmouth Park 16 years ago to look at Dynaformer, then a stallion prospect, and had one thought when he saw the horse walk out of his stall.
Stand and deliver. That's what Hirapour needed to do to have a chance at the 2004 steeplechase Eclipse Award. He starred in the spring, skipped the summer, and lost a tight Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) decision to McDynamo in October.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher