Owner Michael Moran shares the story of champion steeplechaser McDynamo, who on Aug. 9 will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Foaled in Kentucky, nominated to the Breeders' Cup, sold at Keeneland, ridden by Pat Day at Saratoga -- then McDynamo grew up.
Nathan Fox went to Monmouth Park 16 years ago to look at Dynaformer, then a stallion prospect, and had one thought when he saw the horse walk out of his stall.
Stand and deliver. That's what Hirapour needed to do to have a chance at the 2004 steeplechase Eclipse Award. He starred in the spring, skipped the summer, and lost a tight Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) decision to McDynamo in October.
Most Popular Stories
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest