Owner Michael Moran shares the story of champion steeplechaser McDynamo, who on Aug. 9 will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Foaled in Kentucky, nominated to the Breeders' Cup, sold at Keeneland, ridden by Pat Day at Saratoga -- then McDynamo grew up.
Nathan Fox went to Monmouth Park 16 years ago to look at Dynaformer, then a stallion prospect, and had one thought when he saw the horse walk out of his stall.
Stand and deliver. That's what Hirapour needed to do to have a chance at the 2004 steeplechase Eclipse Award. He starred in the spring, skipped the summer, and lost a tight Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) decision to McDynamo in October.
Most Popular Stories
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Laurie's Rocket to Stand at McDowell Farm
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Pour Moi Colt Tops Yearling Action at Arqana