Owner Michael Moran shares the story of champion steeplechaser McDynamo, who on Aug. 9 will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Marilyn Ketts, daughter of owner/breeder Albert Smith, remembers steeplechaser Tuscalee, 1996 champion and winner of 37 races who will be inducted into the National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame Aug. 9.
Foaled in Kentucky, nominated to the Breeders' Cup, sold at Keeneland, ridden by Pat Day at Saratoga -- then McDynamo grew up.
Nathan Fox went to Monmouth Park 16 years ago to look at Dynaformer, then a stallion prospect, and had one thought when he saw the horse walk out of his stall.
Stand and deliver. That's what Hirapour needed to do to have a chance at the 2004 steeplechase Eclipse Award. He starred in the spring, skipped the summer, and lost a tight Breeders' Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) decision to McDynamo in October.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions