The High Hope Steeplechase, which was scheduled for May 19 at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, has been canceled, event directors said.
The renovated Steeplechase Gallery will have a new interactive feature during the upcoming meet at Saratoga Race Course, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame said July 10.
Steeplechase racing returns to central Pennsylvania on Friday night, June 18, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Colonial Downs will host a mixed breed card of horse racing Sept. 13 that includes eight harness races, two steeplechase races, and one Thoroughbred race.
The 2008 National Steeplechase Association season, which came to a close Nov.29 with the inaugural Palm Beach race meet, set new highs in total and average purses.
Kentucky Downs wrapped up its 16th season of live racing with increases in on-track business for its six-day turf-only race meet that ended Sept. 23.
Lou Raffetto Jr., most recently president and chief operating officer of the Maryland Jockey Club, has been named chief executive officer of the National Steeplechase Association.
National Steeplechase Association purses were a record $5,357,645 in 2007, up 10.5% from last year, according to the organization's year-end statistics released Nov. 30.
Sonny Via's Good Night Shirt summoned bottomless stamina and courage late to win the Colonial Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course in South Carolina Nov. 18 and most likely clinched the 2007 Eclipse Award as champion steeplechaser.
Amid reports of a sale to a major outdoors retailer and use of its mostly vacant grandstand by homeless people, Atlantic City Race Course is prepared for four days of live turf racing beginning April 29 with a steeplechase program.
Here are next year's scheduled racing days for NSA-sanctioned events.
Brief racing and breeding news items.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes