Steelaninch and Star Vega, the Jim Cassidy-trained duo who swept the La Puente and Providencia, respectively, last weekend at Santa Anita will likely make their next starts during the upcoming Hollywood Park meeting, Cassidy said.
Trainer James Cassidy had his patience rewarded Saturday when British import Steelaninch, under jockey Victor Espinoza, won the $150,000 La Puente Stakes on the Santa Anita turf by a nose over 11-10 favorite Singletary, who was ridden by David Flores.
Trainer Jim Cassidy expects English-bred Steelaninch to show more speed in Saturday's $150,000 La Puente Stakes at Santa Anita.
Singletary, named after the ex Chicago Bears linebacker, flattened his opposition Friday with a 2 1/2-length victory in the $81,100 Academy Road Stakes for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita Park.
Fourteen 3-year-olds, including a pair of also-eligibles, have been entered for Sunday's $100,000 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 6 1/2 furlongs on turf at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup