Silent Name, making his initial start on a synthetic surface, won for the first time in more than a year when he dominated 10 foes in the $400,000 Commonwealth Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at Keeneland Saturday.
Peter Vegso's favored Silver Tree returned to his favorite course Sunday, closing with a big rush to sweep past Steel Light in the final strides while taking the $125,000 Appleton Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Recent grade III winner Giant Wrecker takes on grass course specialist Silver Tree as part of a contentious field of nine old horses entered for the $125,000 Appleton Handicap (gr. IIIT) over one mile at Gulfstream Park Sunday.
Moyglare Stud's Steel Light, sent off as the lukewarm 3-1 favorite, made his Woodbine debut a winning one, taking Sunday's $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) on Pattison Canadian International Day at Woodbine.
Pacesetting Leroidesanimaux had things all his own way with John Velazquez in the irons Saturday to win the $200,000 Fourstardave Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Saratoga turf for the Brazilian bred's seventh straight victory.
Stronach Stables' Thunder Touch has been so good on the dirt that trainer Kiaran McLaughlin hasn't been able to try his 4-year-old colt on the lawn. Thunder Touch gets his first chance Sunday in the $100,000-added Jaipur Handicap (gr. IIIT) over seven furlongs on Belmont Park grass.
Most Popular Stories
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap
- Chris' Brew, Galina Point Top Woodbine Stakes
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset