Mastery, the undefeated son of Candy Ride who was injured after winning the March 11 San Felipe Stakes (G2), will stand at Claiborne Farm upon his retirement, it was announced March 21.
Heavily favored Ashado, out of action since November 29, showed no signs of rustiness while tallying a 3 3/4-length victory over Victory U.S.A. in Saturday's $300,000 Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) at 1 1/16 mile.
Only six fillies are entered in Saturday's Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II), but every single one of them deserves to be there.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Churchill Considers Historic Gaming Machines
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill