Pegasus, which Gulfstream Park says will be the largest bronze equine statue in the world, is nearing completion at the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track.
A bronze statue of Hall of Fame Jockey Pat Day, his arms raised in triumph, was unveiled during a noon ceremony Sunday at Churchill Downs. The sculpture, created by Louisville artist Raymond Graf, was inspired by Day's victory in the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Lil E. Tee.
Big Red now has his own Web site at www.secretariat.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Tack-Walking in Florida
- Keeneland's Quarter Horse License Slowed
- Private Zone to Florida for Rehabilitation
- KHRC Approves Turfway for Historical Racing
- Hanky Panky Tops Tattersalls at 2.7M Guineas
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- The Bid: Sustained Greatness
- Robert Beck to Step Down as KHRC Chairman
- Registration Deadline Approaches
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015