Pegasus, which Gulfstream Park says will be the largest bronze equine statue in the world, is nearing completion at the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track.
A bronze statue of Hall of Fame Jockey Pat Day, his arms raised in triumph, was unveiled during a noon ceremony Sunday at Churchill Downs. The sculpture, created by Louisville artist Raymond Graf, was inspired by Day's victory in the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Lil E. Tee.
Big Red now has his own Web site at www.secretariat.com.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- American Pharoah Heading to the Track
- Belmont Stakes: Frammento Gets a Bath
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont