Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled
- Barretts Gross Up; Average, Median Decline
- The Week in Photos for 1/27/2015
- WGOH: Avoiding the Nuclear Option
- Keeping Pace: Upstart Figures to Improve