Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again