Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining