Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Industry Asks for H-2B Visa Program Support
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water, Hay, and Oats Alliance
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- ADW Company AmWest Joins NTRA
- BH 100: Commemorates