Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- First Winners for Crossbow, Gattopardo
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers