Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Matchmaker Offers Intriguing Matchup
- Monmouth Tried to Launch Three-Race Series
- Strong Field Lines Up for Jim Dandy