Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga