Hundreds of people who make their living in Ohio's horseracing and breeding industry rallied at the state capital May 19 to support a plan for video lottery terminals at the state's seven racetracks.
As Kentucky's equine industry awaits word on whether Gov. Steve Beshear will call a special legislative session that could have racetrack gaming on the agenda, representatives of the state's racetracks and horsemen's groups will hold a press conference May 20 to discuss the state of the horse business. Meanwhile, Ohio horseracing interests plan a statehouse rally May 19 to lobby for legislative relief.
Most Popular Stories
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Extend Racing, Simulcasting