Sir Cherokee and Calvin Borel launched a rally from last and romped to an authoritative victory over odds-on favorite Fire Slam in Sunday's $163,500 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III), the opening day feature of Churchill Downs' 21-day fall race meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile