The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association said it expects purse money for Pennsylvania-bred racehorses to increase this year.
The board of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund has approved $820,000 in purse enhancements to Finger Lakes Racetrack and the New York Racing Association.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has approved purse supplements for Indiana-breds running in certain open races, effective immediately.
The Minnesota Festival of Champions, a tribute to the state's racehorse industry, will be held for the 15th time at Canterbury Park Aug 17.
Texas Champions Day at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 rewarded the faith of smaller Texas breeders and owners as favorites gave way to some surprising upsets in the eight stakes for accredited Texas-breds.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will soon announce that a high-profile sponsor will kick in funds to supplement purses on state-bred championship days, officials said Feb. 2.
Pennsylvania breeders celebrated the fruits of their labors at the second "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" Oct. 5 at Philadelphia Park. Six $50,000 stakes restricted to state-breds made up the bulk of a program highlighted by the by the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association has come up with an innovative way to reward horsemen who board horses at farms and training centers in the state for a given time period.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat