The head of the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association July 1 said legislation that would alter the Thoroughbred breeding fund isn't workable because the proposed percentages could greatly reduce restricted races and owners' bonuses.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association said it expects purse money for Pennsylvania-bred racehorses to increase this year.
The board of the New York State Thoroughbred Breeding and Development Fund has approved $820,000 in purse enhancements to Finger Lakes Racetrack and the New York Racing Association.
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission has approved purse supplements for Indiana-breds running in certain open races, effective immediately.
The Minnesota Festival of Champions, a tribute to the state's racehorse industry, will be held for the 15th time at Canterbury Park Aug 17.
Texas Champions Day at Sam Houston Race Park Dec. 1 rewarded the faith of smaller Texas breeders and owners as favorites gave way to some surprising upsets in the eight stakes for accredited Texas-breds.
- By Tom LaMarra
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will soon announce that a high-profile sponsor will kick in funds to supplement purses on state-bred championship days, officials said Feb. 2.
Pennsylvania breeders celebrated the fruits of their labors at the second "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" Oct. 5 at Philadelphia Park. Six $50,000 stakes restricted to state-breds made up the bulk of a program highlighted by the by the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association has come up with an innovative way to reward horsemen who board horses at farms and training centers in the state for a given time period.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91