Plans for a national state-bred championship series tied to the Breeders' Cup moved forward Friday during a Breeders' Cup board of directors meeting in Lexington, officials said. If the program comes to fruition, it would be held the Friday before the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, perhaps next year.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season