Peterman brings more than 27 years of experience in his field and has already begun his position as the track's official starter effective July 10. Peterman replaces John Jamison.
Turfway Park announced Aug. 8 the promotion of long-time assistant starter Larry McGlasson to the position of starter. The promotion was effective July 10.
Scott Jordan, who was an assistant starter at Churchill Downs, has been named head starter.
Philadelphia Park has accepted the resignation of its longtime starter, Russell Downes, in the wake of another starting gate miscue that occurred Oct. 30 at the Bensalem Township, Pa., racetrack.
Performing Magic heads the probable field for Saturday's $300,000 Ohio Derby at Thistledown near Cleveland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely