Peterman brings more than 27 years of experience in his field and has already begun his position as the track's official starter effective July 10. Peterman replaces John Jamison.
Turfway Park announced Aug. 8 the promotion of long-time assistant starter Larry McGlasson to the position of starter. The promotion was effective July 10.
Scott Jordan, who was an assistant starter at Churchill Downs, has been named head starter.
Philadelphia Park has accepted the resignation of its longtime starter, Russell Downes, in the wake of another starting gate miscue that occurred Oct. 30 at the Bensalem Township, Pa., racetrack.
Performing Magic heads the probable field for Saturday's $300,000 Ohio Derby at Thistledown near Cleveland.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest