An overpowering 5 1/4-length winner of the Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) last month, Big John B returns for the John Henry Turf Championship (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Sept. 28 against many of the same horses he beat previously.
Benefiting from a good jump out of the gate at the top of the downhill turf track at Santa Anita Park, Big Kick never looked back over the course of 1 3/4 miles as he rolled to victory in the San Juan Capistrano.
Quick Casablanca hopes to make the San Juan Capistrano the continuation of a beautiful friendship with the Santa Anita turf, as the Chilean-bred won a grade III stakes over the Arcadia, Calif., lawn in April.
The Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IT) was the most popular race among the 15 on the two-day World Championships programs, with a maximum 14 drawing into the field for the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates