Free Fighter, with James Graham aboard, outfought 9-10 favorite Brass Hat through a long stretch battle to produce a half-length victory in the $125,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Sept. 7.
Old-timers Brass Hat, Silverfoot, and Rumor Has It figure to fight it out in the $125,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs on Labor Day at Arlington Park Sept. 7.
The 8-year-old stayer Silverfoot found a nice spot for his first win in more than two years, rallying along the hedge to post a mild surprise in the $175,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park July 4.
It's not surprising that S J Stables' Cloudy's Knight, a grade I winner who towers over his competitors with earnings of more than $2 million, will be the starting highweight in the July 4 Stars and Stripes Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Merriefield Farm's favored Always First, second in his last two starts, fought pacesetter Cloudy's Knight in a long drive to the wire, prevailing in the final stride by a nose in the $200,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT), the traditional Fourth of July headliner at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards