Free Fighter, with James Graham aboard, outfought 9-10 favorite Brass Hat through a long stretch battle to produce a half-length victory in the $125,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Sept. 7.
Old-timers Brass Hat, Silverfoot, and Rumor Has It figure to fight it out in the $125,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs on Labor Day at Arlington Park Sept. 7.
The 8-year-old stayer Silverfoot found a nice spot for his first win in more than two years, rallying along the hedge to post a mild surprise in the $175,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park July 4.
It's not surprising that S J Stables' Cloudy's Knight, a grade I winner who towers over his competitors with earnings of more than $2 million, will be the starting highweight in the July 4 Stars and Stripes Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Merriefield Farm's favored Always First, second in his last two starts, fought pacesetter Cloudy's Knight in a long drive to the wire, prevailing in the final stride by a nose in the $200,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT), the traditional Fourth of July headliner at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- The Week in Photos for 9/23/2014
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program