The Pizza Man, the popular 4-5 choice in the 12-furlong Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday, July 11 at Arlington International, wins by a neck over Roman Approval in 2:34.13.
The Pizza Man almost always delivers, and he did so again in a front-running half-length tally in the marathon Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) for his first graded stakes win July 12 on the Arlington International turf.
Chris Block-trained 6-Year old loves the 1 1/2-mile distance and the Arlington Course. Stablemate Mister Marti Gras entered here and in Arlington Handicap
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's favored Dark Cove rated behind stalking pacesetter Ioya Bigtime and unleashed a late burst of speed in the stretch to capture the July 13 Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths.
After winning a pair of graded stakes in 1 1/2-mile turf races in Kentucky, Dark Cove will try to make it three straight at the distance when he starts in the Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 13.
Free Fighter ended a drought of 14 months when he ground out a two-length victory in the off-the-turf Stars and Stripes Stakes at Arlington Park July 23.
Multiple grade I stakes winner Winchester heads a field of seven grass runners entered for the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT), a 1 1/2-mile turf event July 23.
Free Fighter, unplaced in two starts since upsetting the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in May, is back to defend his title in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular