The Pizza Man, the popular 4-5 choice in the 12-furlong Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) Saturday, July 11 at Arlington International, wins by a neck over Roman Approval in 2:34.13.
The Pizza Man almost always delivers, and he did so again in a front-running half-length tally in the marathon Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) for his first graded stakes win July 12 on the Arlington International turf.
Chris Block-trained 6-Year old loves the 1 1/2-mile distance and the Arlington Course. Stablemate Mister Marti Gras entered here and in Arlington Handicap
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's favored Dark Cove rated behind stalking pacesetter Ioya Bigtime and unleashed a late burst of speed in the stretch to capture the July 13 Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 3/4 lengths.
After winning a pair of graded stakes in 1 1/2-mile turf races in Kentucky, Dark Cove will try to make it three straight at the distance when he starts in the Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 13.
Free Fighter ended a drought of 14 months when he ground out a two-length victory in the off-the-turf Stars and Stripes Stakes at Arlington Park July 23.
Multiple grade I stakes winner Winchester heads a field of seven grass runners entered for the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Stakes (gr. IIIT), a 1 1/2-mile turf event July 23.
Free Fighter, unplaced in two starts since upsetting the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in May, is back to defend his title in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar