Favored Ballingarry capped a dream weekend in Chicago for trainer Laura de Seroux when he angled out in the stretch and drew away to a 1 3/4-length win in the $$200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a soft Arlington Park turf course Sunday.
Ballingarry, a 5-year-old horse who has earned more than $1.5 million in his career, returns to Arlington Park July 4 to defend his title in the $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the turf.
Falcon Flight matched the Arlington Park record for 1 1/2 miles in winning the $190,500 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday.
Williams News earned his first black-type victory Tuesday as a pair of 5-year-old sons of Alleged swept the top two placings in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes