Favored Ballingarry capped a dream weekend in Chicago for trainer Laura de Seroux when he angled out in the stretch and drew away to a 1 3/4-length win in the $$200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a soft Arlington Park turf course Sunday.
Ballingarry, a 5-year-old horse who has earned more than $1.5 million in his career, returns to Arlington Park July 4 to defend his title in the $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the turf.
Falcon Flight matched the Arlington Park record for 1 1/2 miles in winning the $190,500 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday.
Williams News earned his first black-type victory Tuesday as a pair of 5-year-old sons of Alleged swept the top two placings in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat