Favored Ballingarry capped a dream weekend in Chicago for trainer Laura de Seroux when he angled out in the stretch and drew away to a 1 3/4-length win in the $$200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a soft Arlington Park turf course Sunday.
Ballingarry, a 5-year-old horse who has earned more than $1.5 million in his career, returns to Arlington Park July 4 to defend his title in the $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the turf.
Falcon Flight matched the Arlington Park record for 1 1/2 miles in winning the $190,500 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday.
Williams News earned his first black-type victory Tuesday as a pair of 5-year-old sons of Alleged swept the top two placings in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory