Favored Ballingarry capped a dream weekend in Chicago for trainer Laura de Seroux when he angled out in the stretch and drew away to a 1 3/4-length win in the $$200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a soft Arlington Park turf course Sunday.
Ballingarry, a 5-year-old horse who has earned more than $1.5 million in his career, returns to Arlington Park July 4 to defend his title in the $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/2 miles on the turf.
Falcon Flight matched the Arlington Park record for 1 1/2 miles in winning the $190,500 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Sunday.
Williams News earned his first black-type victory Tuesday as a pair of 5-year-old sons of Alleged swept the top two placings in the Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms