Trainer Mel Stute will probably never enjoy another year like 1986, but he hopes to duplicate one of its highlights when he sends out Quick Little Miss in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park on Sunday.
Trainer Bob Baffert is putting the finishing touches on No Bull Baby for the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) on Sunday but has another baby on his mind.
Sweet Catomine, who wrapped up an apparent Eclipse Award with a resounding victory in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Lone Star Park on Oct. 30, may try to add an exclamation point to a brilliant year with a final start in the Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) on Dec. 19.
Maiden winner Rings and Things was confirmed a starter for the Dec. 21 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) by trainer Patrick Biancone Thursday after the chestnut daughter of Thunder Gulch and the Far North mare Andriana B. worked seven furlongs in 1:27 4/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track.
Hollywood Story, arguably the most accomplished maiden 2-year-old filly in the nation, will make her next start in the $200,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) on Dec. 21, trainer John Shirreffs confirmed Wednesday.
J. Paul Reddam's Elloluv rallied from the outside with Watching You through the stretch, pulling away in the late stages to capture the $150,000 Santa Ynez Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Santa Anita Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby