Top German jockey Andrasch Starke won his second international jockeys' championship at Happy Valley racecourse in Hong Kong Dec. 7 and took home the first-place check of HK$200,000 for his efforts.
The Andreas Schutz-trained German filly Elopa set up a showdown with the spectacular Ouija Board in Ireland next month with a hard-fought win as the favorite in Monday's Prix Corrida (Fr-II) for fillies and mares at Saint-Cloud.
For the second consecutive year, the winner of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) was disqualified when Powerscourt, ridden by Jamie Spencer, was taken down for starting a chain of events in the stretch that stewards ruled cost K
Some of the top international jockeys, including Frankie Dettori, Kieren Fallon, Mick Kinane, Christophe Soumillon, and Victor Espinoza will square off Wednesday evening at Happy Valley Racecourse in Hong Kong for the International Jockey Championship.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset